The story I’ve written this week may be a revenge fantasy. Or perhaps wish fulfilment is a better way of describing it. Anyway, I started out to write one thing and what came out is Looking back – the reflections of a once powerful man looking back at the revolution that brought him low. Happy reading!
My blogger friend Becky, author of Generation Whynot [aka @stupidgirl45] awarded me a Stylish Blogger award during the week, to my surprise and delight. The fact she’s actually met me and still called me stylish just goes to show the power of tequila!
I have to honour the award by telling you 7 facts about myself and then pay it forward to ten other bloggers, so here goes:
- I went to 11 different schools. I’m great at being the new girl.
- I prefer cats. As a child I wanted to be a cat.
- I believe firmly that you can only be good at a limited number of things in life, and you have to decide where you want to invest your energy.
- Housework will not be one of the things I will be good at.
- I worked in a sex shop for about two weeks until it got raided by the police and business dropped off. My friend Kat made a film about it after I told her it was mostly boring.
- I passed my driving test without doing a parallel reverse park. The tester couldn’t find two cars parked together so he told me to imagine the second car.
- After walking in on Grandad having a wee as a toddler, I assumed I would grow a penis when I was older in the same way I would apparently grow breasts. I’m not sure when I discovered this was not to be the case.
Hmm. Possibly disqualified myself from the ‘stylish’ category with that lot.
On to paying it forward. I would pay it back to Becky, whose determined good spirits and honesty are an inspiration, but that’s not the way it works. So, here’s my ten:
- Vanessa Page of The Worded Page – Vanessa’s an amazing woman and a dear friend and her poetry blows my mind.
- Alison Earls of Alison Earls ALOUD – Alison’s another great friend and writing buddy from way back. I love the combination of writing and performance on her blog
- Emily Johnson at Bartercard Bubs – Emily started blogging for Bartercard when her first baby Alora was born in 2009. I haven’t been back to meet Alora yet, and love staying in touch with her via the blog.*that’s the end of the personal connections*
- The Happiness Project London – a great blog celebrating life – and life in London especially.
- The Brixton Blog – an eclectic round up of local news with a suitable emphasis on food!
- UK Uncut – The online home of my heroes in the uncut movement.
- Rabbitwhite – for inventing #ladypornday to promote dialogue about women & porn
- #1001 – for helping educate me about the Middle East recently
- Democracy Fail – for caring about media ownership and doing something about it
- Olivia Blog – Just because I love Olivia De Berardini’s pin-up art
Ta da! Please go check out those sites!